|Fresh Gurnard, picture from the WWF SASSI website|
cooked in Shiraz and a Persillade cream
RECIPE BY FRANCK DANGEREUX
- In a pot, place the lentils, thyme, Shiraz, and water (do not add any salt at this stage).
- Cover and bring to the boil, then remove the lid and allow to cook gently until all the liquid has evaporated.
- When the liquid has evaporate, stir in the butter, and season with salt and pepper, then set aside and keep warm.
- For the sauce, heat a little oil in a pan, and sauté the garlic gently (do not brown) for 2 minutes.
- Use the lemon juice to deglaze, scraping any bits from the bottom of the pan, and add the cream.
- Cook until the sauce coats the back of a spoon, then add the parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and pour into a small saucepan.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper.
- Pour a drizzle of olive oil into a very hot non-stick pan, and fry the fish for 2 minutes on high heat.
- Turn the fish over and cook for a further minute. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish.